Kitchen Makeover


My sister, Christina, was kind enough to help me do a little home "sprucing" on Memorial Day. We celebrated the holiday earlier that weekend, so Monday we had no major plans. I was able to con her into helping me paint my kitchen and hang window treatments. Whatta gal! 

We took my plain Jane khaki-color kitchen to poppin' rusty-red eye-candy! ;-) 

Breakfast Nook

I've had this cat picture for forever and a day, but I can't seem to part with it. And Little Buddy loves it, so it's gotta stay now. He points to it and says "Ccaaa". 

This is something I'm proud of... For a more dramatic effect, I hung my drapes about a foot higher than the window, which caused the standard 84" window treatment to come up short. So to remedy this, I bought brown fabric and sewed it to the bottom of each panel. I think it turned out pretty cute.   

And I had this old chair sitting in my garage, so I decided to piant it the same color as my kitchen and place it in my den as an accent chair. It's fun and inexpensive, so when I am tired of it, I can put it back in the garage or get rid of it, and I've lost nothing. 

Just for fun, I did a little rearranging and placed this table and chair in my hallway. I found the table at an antique store in Chelsea (about $70 ) and bought the accessories at Home Goods. It is one of my favorite stores! You can find the best stuff for cheap, cheap, cheap! 

 I love mixing modern and traditional!


Me in my new red kitchen - "Girl, put on some makeup!"

Thanks to my good friend, Laura, for the beautiful photos!!!


3 comments:

Laura said...

Haha! Still love your decorating, and thanks for letting me come over and document the transformation for all posterity - I felt like "Edward for a day"!

Laura said...

Love the new background - very cute!

Jana said...

Do you know what paint color this is? Just stumbled across your blog:) LOVE the color! Just curious and Thanks!

Post a Comment